Parts stuck together
When talking on the phone we discussed doing a full restoration of the bike, but after the inventory we decided that, at first, we would simple clean the parts, rebuild the bike, and drive it for some time so determine what needed to be replaced or fixed.
A lot of dirt fell victim to the brush and picks; but what came to light wasn’t half bad. So we happily started reconstruction. One of the previous ownershad replaced the bearings of the steering wheel, which we fixed, and the brakes needed new covers. Some parts, including a new fuel valve, were purchased from Motzke and my father completed the rebuild.
This picture was taken during the general assembly of the NSU Club Nederland. Sadly, it did not run; the decompression cable wouldn’t stay in place, and during a push-start we heard air escaping. And of course that leak prevented proper compression.